Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by "bit1129@163.com" <bi...@163.com> on 2014/11/03 11:54:49 UTC

Is there a best practice to restart the zookeeper servers?

Hi, Zookeepers,

Say, I have (2f+1) zookeeper servers and they have been working for a while(process read/write request normally). Suddenly, there is a power off ,and all the servers are down. At this point, it is possible that some servers have smaller txid(not catch up with leader),while others have bigger.

So, how should i start all these zookeeper servers, if I happen to start the f + 1 servers that have smaller zxid(f+1 has formed the majority, and a leader will be elected), which means ,I lost some update made  before the outage.

Is there a best practice to restart the zookeeper servers? Thanks.

-Todd