Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in> on 2017/03/07 14:01:43 UTC

get

Hi all,

getting this error while building a cube
Please help.

Thanks
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild: Exception running child :
java.io.IOException: Failed to build cube in mapper 9
	at
org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.InMemCuboidMapper.cleanup(InMemCuboidMapper.java:145)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:787)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:164)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1714)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:158)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
	at
org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.InMemCuboidMapper.cleanup(InMemCuboidMapper.java:143)
	... 8 more
Caused by: java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
	at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:492)
	at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.get(HeapByteBuffer.java:135)
	at org.apache.kylin.common.util.BytesUtil.readVLong(BytesUtil.java:208)
	at org.apache.kylin.common.util.BytesUtil.readVInt(BytesUtil.java:223)
	at
org.apache.kylin.metadata.datatype.BigDecimalSerializer.peekLength(BigDecimalSerializer.java:83)
	at
org.apache.kylin.cube.gridtable.CubeCodeSystem.codeLength(CubeCodeSystem.java:91)
	at org.apache.kylin.gridtable.GTRecord.loadColumns(GTRecord.java:294)
	at
org.apache.kylin.cube.inmemcubing.ConcurrentDiskStore$Reader$2.hasNext(ConcurrentDiskStore.java:233)
	at
org.apache.kylin.cube.inmemcubing.DoggedCubeBuilder$MergeSlot.fetchNext(DoggedCubeBuilder.java:412)
	at
org.apache.kylin.cube.inmemcubing.DoggedCubeBuilder$Merger.mergeAndOutput(DoggedCubeBuilder.java:328)
	at
org.apache.kylin.cube.inmemcubing.DoggedCubeBuilder$BuildOnce.build(DoggedCubeBuilder.java:119)
	at
org.apache.kylin.cube.inmemcubing.DoggedCubeBuilder.build(DoggedCubeBuilder.java:75)
	at
org.apache.kylin.cube.inmemcubing.AbstractInMemCubeBuilder$1.run(AbstractInMemCubeBuilder.java:82)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Re: get

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Open JIRA for tracking this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2512

Before this be resolved, as a work-round, you can switch to "by-layer"
cubing algorithm by setting: kylin.cube.algorithm=layer

> Hi shaofengshi,
>
> I have attached the Cube Metadata file in the attachment.
>
> Thank You
>
> cube_metadata.txt
> <http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/file/n7452/cube_metadata.txt>

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: get

Re: get

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Rahul, could you provide the Cube metadata (JSON format) for analysis?
You can do confusion on the column names, but keep the structure. I have
seen Cubes with over hundred measures, which doesn't have this error, so
want to double check what is special in your case.

> hi,
>
> Still i am facing the above exception.
> Please, give me if you have any solution for this.
>
> Thank You,
> Rahul Singh

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: get

Re: get

Posted by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in>.
hi,

thanks for replying.
Cube consist 57 measure in which some have integer data type and some have
double.

Thank You

Re: get

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
The estimated buffer is shorter than expected. Usually this won't happen as
each data type serializer has reported a max lenght, but some (like topN)
may not estimate that precisely. Need to know the data type and measures in
your cube, could you please share that?

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋