Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christian Gruber <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/19 16:58:44 UTC

component list parameters?

Hi,

    So I'm wondering if this is possible, and if not, has this been
thought of?  I'm wanting to add a variable list of parameters to a
component, because it can take an arbitrary number of them and loop
overthem.  So I'm looking at something like this.

A.tml
    <t:b id=${literal:b1}">
	blah content 1
    </t:b>
    <t:b id=${literal:b2}">
	blah content 2
    </t:b>

And then in A.java have something like

public class A {

	@Parameter
	private List<B> _bs;

}

So then all the Bs that are direct children of A are added in as
parameters.

It woudl be less convenient, but still cool to do something like:
    <t:parameter name="bs">
       <t:b id=${literal:b1}">
          blah content 1
       </t:b>
       <t:b id=${literal:b2}">
          blah content 2
       </t:b>
    </t:parameter>

But have each B handled seperately and added to the list.  It would
make it much easier to do complex things like tabviews (with arbitrary
tabs) or other such things, I think, though there may be other ways to
skin this cat.

Christian.