Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Shaomin Zhang <Sh...@tudor.com> on 2016/03/03 22:01:45 UTC

JoinTimeout

Hi

I got a join process timeout exception from a client. What might the possible reason of this exception? I know the network load should not be a problem. Too many connections or the server is too busy?

Thanks

Shaomin

Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: Join process timed out, did not receive response for join request (consider increasing 'joinTimeout' configuration property) [joinTimeout=10000, sock=Socket[addr=grid-tp2-stage/10.22.50.191,port=47503,localport=55409]]
       at org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ClientImpl$MessageWorker.body(ClientImpl.java:1334)
       at org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiThread.run(IgniteSpiThread.java:62)

This email, its contents, and any attachments transmitted with it are intended only for the addressee(s) and may be confidential and legally privileged. We do not waive any confidentiality by misdelivery. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it. You should not copy it, forward it or otherwise use the contents, attachments or information in any way. Any liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

Tudor Capital Europe LLP (TCE) is authorised and regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority (the FCA). TCE is registered as a limited liability partnership in England and Wales No: OC340673 with its registered office at 10 New Burlington Street, London, W1S 3BE, United Kingdom

Re: JoinTimeout

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shaomin,

Are the client and the servers in the same network or not? Can you try
increasing TcpDiscoverySpi.joinTimeout and check if it changes anything?

-Val