Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Kyungho Jeon <ky...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/25 20:57:43 UTC

Got a build error: missing required library: 'build/ivy/lib/Pig/javacc-4.2.jar'

Hello,

I just cloned Pig svn repository and imported into Eclipse.
Immediately I got an error as the title.

I found from jira that javacc will be removed from Pig 0.9. But I also
found many dependencies on javacc (cc-compile) in build.xml. So is it
still there for some reasons or just because that they are not yet
cleaned up?

Thanks,
Kyungho.

(It's my first e-mail to any kind of dev mailing list. So if it's not
an adequate way of reporting a problem and/or asking a question,
please let me know and fix them.)

Re: Got a build error: missing required library: 'build/ivy/lib/Pig/javacc-4.2.jar'

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
javacc is still used in Pig trunk.  The main parser was replaced by ANTLR in 0.9, but there are still several places Pig uses javacc.

Alan.