Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Marsh-Bourdon, Christopher" <Ch...@DrKW.com> on 2005/07/01 16:03:18 UTC

Action Definition's attribute attribute

If the title confuses, then that was the point.

I've been training up some developers to use Struts and the common complaint
is the ambiguity of the Action definition's attribute attribute.  Now we all
have off days when it comes to naming properties/methods etc, but this seems
very ambiguous.  Some see it to mean you can use an attribute of the Action,
some just plain don't get it at all (eyes were raised).  Could I make a
suggestion that this is renamed to something more appropriate like
aliasName, referenceName or formName?

We are using 1.2.4, so if it has changed in anything 1.2.4+, I apologise.

Cheers

Christopher Marsh-Bourdon
www.marsh-bourdon.com
 ------