Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Gokul Pillai <go...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 23:46:02 UTC

Version compatibility of Mahout 0.4-SNAPSHOT with Hadoop release?

What version of Hadoop release is Mahout 0.4-SNAPSHOT compatible with. Where
can I find this information on the wiki?

Regards
Gokul

Re: Version compatibility of Mahout 0.4-SNAPSHOT with Hadoop release?

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Thu "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, my original email should have said 0.20.2+320.  Sorry about the
> typo.  You can find that version here:
>
> http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/

Or at Debian Squeeze (http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hadoop.html) or
of course directly from the Apache Hadoop project.

> And it does explicitly say 0.20.2 on the Mahout on Amazon EC2 wiki
> page.

Just for further reference - system requirements for Mahout are tracked
on the wiki page named accordingly:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/System+Requirements

Isabel

Re: Version compatibility of Mahout 0.4-SNAPSHOT with Hadoop release?

Posted by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, my original email should have said 0.20.2+320.  Sorry about the typo.  You can find that version here:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/

And it does explicitly say 0.20.2 on the Mahout on Amazon EC2 wiki page.

--Peter

I am not sure where it's written down but it's fairly safe to assume
we're tracking the latest release. In this case yes the recommended
version is 0.20.2

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.