Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Aron Sogor <ar...@theatlantis.net> on 2007/04/25 07:21:05 UTC

JBoss deployment

Based on old postings I got it working.

I have replaced sfl4j-nlog with sf4j-log4j api and got rid of any
org.log4j.*classes from the final jar build in server-main.
This deploys snug as an MBean without exception, I was able to bind too.

Question how it integrate that to Maven?
Any interest?

Aron

Re: JBoss deployment

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
OK, if you are just going to maintain the file locally for now, the easiest
way is in the pom.xml of server-main I would just replace this:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>nlog4j</artifactId>
    </dependency>

with this
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
    </dependency>

This just replaces the nlog4j part with the log4j bridge...  and log4j
itself isn't included.

There are some tweaks that can be done with maven profiles in the source (in
the pom) to make switching logging impls easier, but I'm not sure how that
fits in with the rest of the project since I'm a little new around here  ;-)

Hope this helps,
Chris

Re: JBoss deployment

Posted by Aron Sogor <ar...@theatlantis.net>.