Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Arne Brutschy <ma...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> on 2004/02/02 13:59:43 UTC

[OT] looking for a method that will be called on application startup

hi,

I'm looking for a method/hook/whatever that will be called from tomcat
at application startup. I want to use it to put all my init-stuff (as
configuration reading) into it.

At the moment, my authentication filter looks for the presence of these
objects in application scope, and if they are not found, they will be
created.

Is there another way to do this more nicly?

Regards,
Arne

Re: [OT] looking for a method that will be called on application startup

Posted by Arne Brutschy <ma...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de>.
Thanks guys! That was exactly what I was looking for - and it works like
magic. Great, thanks again!

Arne

Re: accessing application.properties from JSP

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Serverside jsp processing knows nothing about embedded JavaScript or
anything else.

<bean:message .../> works anywhere on your page (if you remember to put the
taglib declaration)

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist