Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu> on 2013/02/20 21:31:11 UTC

0.4 RC2

Source posted here:
  - http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.4rc2/

Java binaries here:
  - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-280/

I'd like to call an official vote soon, e.g. tomorrow, so please have a
look and share your results here.

Changes from RC1:

PROTON-199: support python 2.4
PROTON-236 freegetopt compat for proton-c windows builds.
PROTON-243: fixed LIB_SUFFIX magic
PROTON-200: maintain a minimum credit level for each receive link
PROTON-200: make similar changes to Java MessengerImpl
PROTON-200: allow recv(-1) to grant unlimited credit
PROTON-232: described arrays seem to force the descriptor to be of the same
type as the array Fixed bug in code.c pn_data_encode_node: was always using
the parent->type for everything inside an array, including the descriptor.
PROTON-242: Shared library used JNI code has poor name "libproton-swig.so"
Shared library now has name libproton-jni.so i.e. follows the naming
conventions of its companion jar.
PROTON-217: cmake build system should include install target for Java
binaries

--Rafael

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 11:01 -0500, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 12:31 -0800, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > Source posted here:
> >   - http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.4rc2/
> >
> > Java binaries here:
> >   - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-280/
> >
> > I'd like to call an official vote soon, e.g. tomorrow, so please have a
> > look and share your results here.
>
> For my purposes PROTON-246 [1] is blocking, so I'm likely to -1 any
> release until it is fixed. As this screws up attaching filters to links
> and I need this to work in 0.4 so that qpid 0.22 can depend on it.
>
> I am looking at this bug right now, but to be honest the naming scheme
> of the pn_data_* operations is slowing my progress by obscuring what is
> going on.

Ok, thanks to Bozo Dragojevic I have committed a fix for this now.

Andrew

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-246

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com>.
OK.

I've modified JNIMessenger to throw ProtonUnsupportedOperationException so
testSendBogus skips rather than fails when using the proton-jni profile.  I
believe there is still an issue with the pure Java implementation too
because this test fails on my dev machine (though not on the Apache Jenkins
job), therefore I'm leaving PROTON-214 open for now.

I'm easy about whether we mention this stuff in the release notes.  Since
PROTON-214 is still open, maybe the existence of that Jira is enough to
flag this deficiency.

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1 - I'll push the fix.

-K

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
make still fails on Centos-5 due to swig parse error.  See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-245

I've tried Rafi's suggestion - we could simply ifdef-out the definition when the header is processed by swig:

#ifndef SWIG  // older versions of SWIG choke on this:
static inline pn_delivery_tag_t pn_dtag(const char *bytes, size_t size) {
  pn_delivery_tag_t dtag = {size, bytes};
  return dtag;
}
#endif

This seems to work - at least the build completes and all python unit tests pass.

Given that this is a inline function, I don't think swig is going to wrap/export it anyways, right?

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com>.

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul

I've successfuly reproduced your issue and are tracking our progress
under PROTON-249.  We don't need your debug output at this stage.

Kind regards, Keith.

On 24 February 2013 00:27, Paul O'Fallon <pa...@ofallonfamily.com> wrote:
> I filed this as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-249
>
> I have some files to attach (my cmake debug output and the vs2012 build
> output) but I couldn't see in Jira where to attach the files (maybe I don't
> have permission?)
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Paul O'Fallon <pa...@ofallonfamily.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sure, I'll do that.  This error is from the VS 2012 build output (cmake
>> runs with no errors).  I'm running v. 2.8.10.2 of cmake.
>>
>> I know with other projects I've run into issues when the depth of
>> directories on Windows grows too large -- not sure if this structure is that
>> deep yet (although that's why I moved it to the root dir of my machine to
>> give it the best shot of working).
>>
>> - Paul
>>

>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Keith Wall <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> I'm getting much closer I
>>>
>>> still get one error
>>>
>>> 4>  javac: file not found:
>>>

>>> C:\qpid-proton-0.4\proton-j\proton-api\src\main\java\org\apache\qpi\proton\driver\Connector.java
>>> 4>  Usage: javac <options> <source files>

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Keith Wall <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.4 RC2

Posted by Paul O'Fallon <pa...@ofallonfamily.com>.
Thanks!  I moved by build up to the top level directory (and the overall
project to the root dir of my machine) and while I'm getting much closer I
still get one error.  Here is the relevant error from the build output:

4>  Building Java objects for proton-api.jar
3>  Generating protocol.h
4>  javac: file not found:
C:\qpid-proton-0.4\proton-j\proton-api\src\main\java\org\apache\qpi\proton\driver\Connector.java
4>  Usage: javac <options> <source files>
4>  use -help for a list of possible options
4>C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(172,5):
error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 2.

I noticed that the directory mentioned on the 3rd line is "qpi" not
"qpid"...

Thanks,
Paul

Re: 0.4 RC2