Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Ronnie Brunner <Ro...@netcetera.com> on 2018/02/01 10:15:29 UTC

RE: Rivet 3.0.1

Hi Massimo

Test suite works for prefork, but just for the fun of it, I checked with the worker (and event) mpms, as you mentioned that the worker bridge was improved. The test suite fails for some tests on both other mpms. See below.

Can you quickly elaborate whether that's OK and/or what you'd expect to work and what not?

Thanks for your continued support...
Ronnie

Prefork MPM:
rivet.test:     Total   83      Passed  83      Skipped 0       Failed  0

Worker MPM:
==== headers-1.1 load_headers test FAILED
==== include-1.1 Include command FAILED
==== broken-1.1 error page test FAILED
==== config-1.2 ErrorScript config test FAILED
==== vhost-5.1 vhost with ChildInitScript FAILED
==== vhost-6.2 vhost with BeforeScript and SeparateVirtualInterps FAILED
==== inspect-1.1 basic introspection FAILED
==== bailout-3.3 ::rivet::try handling continue return code FAILED
==== bailout-3.5 ::rivet::try handling ::rivet::exit FAILED
rivet.test:     Total   83      Passed  74      Skipped 0       Failed  9

Event MPM:
==== postvariables-1.1 POST variables FAILED
==== postvariables-2.1 POST variables + I18N FAILED
==== postvariables-2.2 POST variables + I18N + encoding FAILED
==== postvariables-3.1 POST multi-value variable FAILED
==== postvariables-3.2 POST multi-value variable as list FAILED
==== postvariables-4.1 var_post FAILED
==== makeurl-1.1 makeurl FAILED
==== makeurl-1.2 makeurl FAILED
==== makeurl-1.3 makeurl FAILED
==== broken-1.1 error page test FAILED
==== config-auto-2.1 config test FAILED
==== config-auto-9.1 config test FAILED
==== vhost-5.1 vhost with ChildInitScript FAILED
==== vhost-6.1 vhost with ChildInitScript and SeparateVirtualInterps FAILED
==== vhost-6.3 vhost with AfterScript and SeparateVirtualInterps FAILED
==== bailout-2.2 ::rivet::catch command abort_page handling FAILED
==== bailout-3.0 ::rivet::try successful procedure call FAILED
rivet.test:     Total   83      Passed  66      Skipped 0       Failed  17

--
We innovate. You win. http://netcetera.com

Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.com | T +41 44 297 59 79 |
Netcetera AG | 8040 Zürich | Switzerland | http://netcetera.com |
Posted by Ronnie Brunner <Ro...@netcetera.com>.
Hi George

I'm also running the tests w/o TclX. I usually just fake the kill command (which is the only thing used from TclX) and run the tests as follows:

echo "package provide Tclx 0.0;proc kill {d s} {catch {exec kill \$s};after 2000}; set argv0 runtests.tcl; set argc 1; set argv /path/to/httpd; source runtests.tcl " | /path/to/tclsh

hth
Ronnie

Posted by Massimo MANGHI <ma...@unipr.it>.
What is the sane way to check the version number in preprocessor #if .... clauses. I looked at ap_release.h but I didn't find a macro specialized for that

 -- Massimo

________________________________
This document describes changes to the Apache HTTPD API from version 2.2 to 2.4, that may be of interest to module/application developers and core hacks. As of the ...

Re: Rivet 3.0.1

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@alice.it>.
Good, really neat! I suppose this result is suggesting we drop TclX and
replace that function with our homemade kill proc with a cautionary
timing that could help to make tests at least reproducible.

  cheers

-- Massimo

RE: Rivet 3.0.1

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Thank you Ronnie, I checked the patch and it's fine to me....not for
laziness but I invite you to commit the patch yourself. I would be happy
you receive a full credit and have your name in one of rivet's ChangeLog
entries.

   -- Massimo

RE: Rivet 3.0.1

Re: Rivet 3.0.1

Posted by Massimo MANGHI <ma...@unipr.it>.

RE: Rivet 3.0.1

Re: Rivet 3.0.1

RE: Rivet 3.0.1

Re: Rivet 3.0.1

Re: Rivet 3.0.1

Posted by Georgios Petasis <pe...@yahoo.gr.INVALID>.
Dear Massimo,

Re: Rivet 3.0.1

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
I've just uploaded to www.rivetweb.org/~mxm/rivet a RC2 tar archive with
a proposed patch of the problem that made most tests fail.

The bug has surfaced when George introduced the APLOG_USE_MODULE in
mod_rivet.h, since also rivetlib/rivetPkgInit.c used it in order to get
the definition of the module globals. But since the generation of the
pkgIndex.tcl file takes place outside of mod_rivet the mk_pkgIndex
failed for rivetlib and became impossible to mod_rivet to find the
library. As as consequence the server failed because rivetlib is loaded
in the process of initializing a Rivet interpreter

Actually the introduction of the macro was correct and it's was
librivet/rivetPkgInit.c duty to determine the ::rivet name space pointer
in a different and sane way. This is the crux of the patch included in RC2

  -- Massimo

On 02/01/2018 01:07 PM, Ronnie Brunner wrote:
> Hi Massimo
>
> Attached the output (stout and sdterr) of running the test suite
> (including the compilation of rivet), the error_log and access_log
> from rivet-3.0.1/tests after running the test suite.
>
> I'm running a CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core) os for these
> tests, Tcl8.6.6 and httpd 2.4.27 with the worker mpm. The only
> modification to runtests.tcl was to remove the prefork module check,
> which obviously fails if you run the worker mpm.
>
> Let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Hth Ronnie

RE: Rivet 3.0.1

That's sound like very bad news. I ran the test suite yesterday with the
worker bridge and it was OK (130 tests). What do you read in
tests/error_log ?

  -- Massimo

Re: Rivet 3.0.1

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.