Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/04 10:57:43 UTC

Connect c language with HDFS

Hi
  Can we connect c with HDFS using cloudera hadoop distribution.

--
*Thanks & Regards *

*Unmesha Sreeveni U.B*
*Hadoop, Bigdata Developer*
*Centre for Cyber Security | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham*
http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: Connect c language with HDFS

Posted by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.
I would also suggest to take a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-6994. I have been using libhdfs3
for POC in past few months, and highly recommend it.  the only drawback is
the libhdfs3 has not been formed committed into hadoop/hdfs yet.

if you only like to play with hdfs, using the existing libhdfs lib is fine.
but if you are looking for some serious development, libhdfs3 has a lot of
advantage.

Posted by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.