Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by DaveB <no...@tasit.net> on 2018/05/10 22:44:06 UTC

Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5

-------- Original Message --------
From: D Maffei <da...@hotmail.com>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org <us...@openoffice.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 22:01:02 +0000

> Is open office 4.1.5 compatible with windows 10 edge and if so how do I download it? Do I select windows (exe) for my favorite operating system if it is compatible?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hi David,

Windows 10 Edge is a web browser and Apache OpenOffice does not need to
be compatible, _*any*_ web browser (eg. Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google
Chrome, or any MS offering) to download the Apache OpenOffice
installation file.

You have obviously visited http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
where you should select the default option (Windows (exe)), compatible
with all Windows versions (7 - 10) and some may argue, Windows XP. If
you are in any doubt check:
https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

If you require any further assistance or advice, please write back to
users@openoffice.apache.org or visit our support options:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/

Hope this helps.