Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Eric Norman <en...@apache.org> on 2020/07/26 21:39:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Jackrabbit User Manager version 2.2.10

Hi,

We solved 3 issues in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344081

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2304/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=check_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 2304 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Jackrabbit User Manager version 2.2.10

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2020-07-26 at 14:39 -0700, Eric Norman wrote:
> Please vote to approve this release:

+1
Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Jackrabbit User Manager version 2.2.10

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
+1
Konrad

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Am 28.07.2020 um 21:57 schrieb Eric Norman:
> Hi Julian,
>
> I'm happy to switch to some other technique if oak has some "considered
> public" way to determine if the current user has been granted the necessary
> permissions that would be needed in order to create new users.  Just let me
> know what that would be.  No one complained about the code changes when
> they were done nearly 2 years ago.
>
> However, in this use case, I don't see how the dependency and integration
> could cause any troubles since we are only referencing a few string
> constants and a service interface class.  All of those originate in 2
> packages that the oak-core bundle declared as exported packages which to me
> means those are declared as public and available to use.
>
> Also, since all of the classes I referenced have subsequently been moved
> from oak-core to the oak-security-spi bundle in version 1.8 and later, do
> you consider them public now?
>
> Regards,
> Eric

Likely.

Angela - as you are both the expert on this *and* Sling committer (I
think), can you give some advice?

Best regards, Julian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Jackrabbit User Manager version 2.2.10

Posted by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julian,

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julian,

In reviewing the history, it looks like the dependency on oak-core was
first introduced to resolve SLING-7886 and SLING-7887 via the commit at
[3].  If I recall correctly, that 1.6.x version of oak was the version that
was being used in the sling starter (version 10'ish) at the time so I chose
that as the minimum version to depend on.  As far as I can tell, the code
being utilized here is still compatible with the latest version of oak so
there hasn't been any reason to change the minimum version yet.

I suppose we could now change that dependency
to org.apache.jackrabbit:oak-security-spi instead as long as everyone is
comfortable with moving the minimum version of oak up to version 1.8 or
later?

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7886
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7887
3.
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-jcr-jackrabbit-usermanager/commit/141637a6afaae62f593eb45ab4721b5b356e3182#diff-ad9077962ed0c1d4663683f490b1a073

Regards,
-Eric

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Eric Norman <en...@apache.org>.
It looks like we still need one more binding vote for this one.  Please
review and provide a vote if you are a PMC member and have the time.

Regards,
Eric

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Jackrabbit User Manager version 2.2.10

Posted by Eric Norman <en...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

Thank you for the assist.   I will proceed with the remaining release
activities.

Regards,
Eric

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 10:00 -0700, Eric Norman wrote:
> I need someone from the PMC to copy the release to the Sling dist
> directory.

Done in r40850.

Thanks,
Robert

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Jackrabbit User Manager version 2.2.10

Posted by Eric Norman <en...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result :

+1 (binding): Konrad Windszus, Radu Cotescu, Robert Munteanu
+1 (non binding): Eric Norman

I need someone from the PMC to copy the release to the Sling dist
directory. Once that is done I will promote this to the central Maven
repository and update JIRA and the website.

Posted by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)