Posted to mime4j-dev@james.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2011/07/15 14:32:07 UTC

As far as I am concerned 0.7 is ready

Folks,

As far as I am concerned 0.7 is ready. At this point I do not think
there is really that much more I could contribute.

I am stepping aside and letting someone else take over from this point
on.

Cheers

Oleg

Re: As far as I am concerned 0.7 is ready

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Ok let us target it for 0.8 then. I will get the release process
rolling later this evening...

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I upgraded imap and mailbox yesterday on my mac and everything still work.

So I think we are ready,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Am 19.07.2011 11:29, schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
> 2011/7/19 Oleg Kalnichevski<ol...@apache.org>:

>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/mime4j/trunk/dom/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/dom/MessageBuilder.java?revision=923012&view=markup&pathrev=1137643
>>>
>>> You see we had an abstract MessageBuilder (now it is an interface) and
>>> that abstract class exposed setDecodeMonitor.
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/mime4j/trunk/dom/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/dom/MessageBuilder.java?r1=958717&r2=1063904&pathrev=1137643
>>>
>>> You see this revision is when YOU changed from abstract class to
>>> interface and removed the setDecodeMonitor. I'm talking of this very
>>> method and that very class/interface.
>>>
>>> I simply found that after your refactorings I was not able anymore to
>>> use the decodemonitor (while previously I used them and used in a
>>> typed manner), so I asked if this was intended and how you wanted me
>>> to deal with it (I know how I would like it to work, but we already
>>> saw that my solution is not acceptable to you, so I simply asked you
>>> what was acceptable and it sounded weird when you replied that you had
>>> nothing to do with this stuff).
>>>
>>> I now added the DecodeMonitor as a setAttribute for the factory as for
>>> your request but it was not in the factory previously.
>>>
>>> If adding typed methods to the MessageServiceFactory (for things we
>>> now have in setAttribute) is acceptable to you then I'll vet them and
>>> add methods I think are to there stay for 0.8. It is an abstract class
>>> so we can add this new methods in future with no backward
>>> compatibility issues.
>>>
>>> Hope this explains "what I'm talking about" :-)
>>>
>> Not really. What does this all have to do with the brokenness of
>> MessageServiceFactory / ServiceLocator stuff and the original issue
>> raised by Norman?
> I'll try again :-)
>
> We didn't talk about "brokenness". We talked about the fact that to
> use DecodeMonitor you now have to use setAttribute using a type unsafe
> method. I was explaining that I don't like too much this and he
> proposed to push the attribute names as public static fields. Hope you
> understand how this is related: if setDecodeMonitor for in the
> MessageBuilder then we wouldn't have to use
> setAttribute("DecodeMonitor", decodeMonitor) in the factory.
>
> If you don't see the relationship it's not a problem. My mind often
> does weird mental links. I record that you don't care of the
> MessageServiceFactory/ServiceLocator and I'll plan a refactory "the
> way I like it" for the next release.
>
> Thank you,
> Stefano
Said enough ;) Let us just release now ... I will start the VOTE thread
within the next few minutes..

Bye,
Norman

Re: As far as I am concerned 0.7 is ready

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi there,

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
hi there,

i think it would sense to expose those property names as public static
fields. are you guys ok with it? If so I will commit the this and
after that start the release process...

bye
norman

Am Montag, 18. Juli 2011 schrieb Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>:
> 2011/7/18 Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>:
>> On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 13:08 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I updated jDKIM and it worked fine. I'm also trying to update another
>>> local project I have depending on mime4j trunk and I'm a bit lost
>>> about using a custom DecodeMonitor via dom.
>>> Here is the code I'm updating...
>>> ----
>>> factory = MessageServiceFactory.newInstance();
>>> factory.setAttribute("StorageProvider", new MemoryStorageProvider());

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi all,

[...]

Or instead you think this feature should not be anymore exposed via
the dom api at all?

Stefano

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.