Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org> on 2020/11/10 21:55:14 UTC

Apache Ignite Board Report, Nov 11

Hi Igniters,

The report for the Board meeting on Nov 18 is due today.

I've appended the current version of the report at the end of the email.
The same report has been filed to the agenda.

If you feel that we can add some crucial points to the report, please let
me know. I guess I still can do some updates.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

The mission of Ignite is the creation and maintenance of software related to
High-performance, integrated and distributed In-Memory Database and Caching
Platform providing in-memory data caching, partitioning, processing, and
querying components.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Ignite was founded 2015-08-19 (5 years ago)
There are currently 54 committers and 34 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. The last addition was Maxim Muzafarov on 2020-04-28.
- Sergey Stronchinskiy was added as a committer on 2020-10-14

## Project Activity:
- Major release 2.9.0 was completed on October
  (https://blogs.apache.org/ignite/entry/apache-ignite-2-9-released)
- Minor release 2.9.1 and next major release 2.10.0 are under discussion
- Community members decided to introduce Apache Ignite as a database (no
  trademark changes are expected, but the project description needs an
  update). During entering to the Incubator Ignite was In-memory data grid
- Community members discuss approaches on how to develop 3.0.0. There are
two
  options - separate repository with development of some modules from
scratch
  preserving only behavior. The alternative is to develop in evolutionary
mode
  using the existing code base changing it several times.

## Community Health:
the
  same.
  -10...-40%
- Community members continue to write posts and run talks at online
  meetups

Re: Apache Ignite Board Report, Nov 11

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Looks good to me. Thanks for sharing the draft.

-
Denis