Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by 192709 <Ma...@gmx.de> on 2009/03/27 16:34:30 UTC

Wicketizer: Create Wicket Application from DB via Hibernate

Dear all,
I have created a  web site by which you can create a CRUD Application using
Wicket.
Create a Database (or use existing) and provide annotated hibernate POJOs
and your hibernate.cfg.xml.

What you will get :
a complete Eclipse Project with
- a menu (for all Pages)
- one version using Ajax and one which only uses Ajax for Filter
- per Page you will get one ListPanel (filterable and sortable and
paginable) and one EditPanel (CRUDable).
It will use your Hibernate Stuff.

http://www.wicketizer.org http://www.wicketizer.org

A detailed HowTo Page is available. You can give Feedback directly via
    info(AT)wicketizer.org

Marcus

By the way - thank you all for the famous Wicket Meetup 2009, Amsterdam. It
was great.

-----
Wicket meets Hibernate:
http://www.wicketizer.org

Re: Wicketizer: Create Wicket Application from DB via Hibernate

Posted by 192709 <Ma...@gmx.de>.
... well I thought to spice it with some Screenshots (@Marcel - you remember
- do you :-)?
I think about it (but it will be done at earliest in 9 days - if someone
else will record, I place it on the server ).

I have visited a lot of  http://www.rheinjug.de/ rheinjug (Düsseldorf)
meetings. The most impressive is if demo is not recorded, but live - best if
the presentator quickly reacts on input from the audience.

Using wicketizer.org it is possible to do it live.
By the way - if someone plans a important live presentation -please inform
me -then I will not do any updates in parallel.
Imagine to present it on a Managers PC - and afterwards he can gamble with
the application.

Imho Managers have only a very little experience (mostly outdated) - and
decisions are taken in many cases without understanding impacts. Although I
am lucky and have  boss and bossboss and bossbossboss who believe in my
Knowledge, I am still restricted to work in line with Group Strategy. But I
am working on that ....

Marcus

-----

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Posted by 192709 <Ma...@gmx.de>.
 ... we are in line.
Work In Progress!

Marcus

-----

Posted by Peter Thomas <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:57 AM, 192709 <Ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> HI,
>
> this is the first strike.
> I first want to collect Feedback  - and then decide how to proceed.
>
> My first intention was to impress Management how fast CRUD might go.
> But in the process of building i decided to make it more useful (e.g. by
> using LoadableDetachableModel)
>
> Best Regards,
> Marcus

This is a good idea, I feel that anything that can get the Wicket message
across to the "suits" and the management crowd is really welcome.

There's something about demos that generate basic CRUD screens that grabs
the attention of the crowd in a mysterious way.  See what it did for Rails.
Seam tried to copy that as well.  I saw first hand how the audience went
gaga when the Grails Twitter clone demo was done at SpringOne '08.

As someone who's used Wicket for 2 years - I'm right now stuck working on a

Posted by 192709 <Ma...@gmx.de>.
HI,

-----

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.