Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2016/04/20 09:13:04 UTC

Datazenit OpenSource License for CouchDB commiters / contributors

Dear community,

take it maybe as a little goodie while you are all working hard on getting CouchDB 2.0 on the road ;-).

You may have heard of Datazenit (https://datazenit.com/blog/2016/04/15/datazenit-desktop-edition/) a nice new GUI for databases (actually MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server and Oracle Database planned). I liked it a lot so I reached out to Lauris Dzilums who is one of the creators and asked, if there are also licenses for OpenSource project contributors.

I am happy to report, that they NOW have such licenses ;-). So if you are interested, please send an email to lauris@datazenit.com and tell him how you are contributing to Apache CouchDB.

At this point, I would like to thank Lauris for giving away free licenses for our community!

All the best

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

GPG public key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4F1D0C59BC90917D

Re: Datazenit OpenSource License for CouchDB commiters / contributors

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
On a similar topic, a quick reminder that JetBrains tools are available
free to Apache contributors. These include development tools for many
languages, team collaboration systems, and ReSharper, the invaluable tool
for Windows .NET developers. I just renewed my ReSharper licence, so a big
thank you to JetBrains for supporting Open Source software.

Details of how to apply for JetBrains tools are here
<https://www.jetbrains.com/support/community/#section=open-source>. You
will need an apache.org email address to qualify.

Nick