Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tri Nguyen <tr...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/10 04:16:24 UTC

scheduling imports and heartbeats

Hi,

Can I configure solr to schedule imports at a specified time (say once a day,
once an hour, etc)?

Also, does solr have some sort of heartbeat mechanism?

Thanks,

Tri

Re: scheduling imports and heartbeats

Posted by Tri Nguyen <tr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the tip Ken.  I tried that but don't see the importing happening when
I check up on the status.

Below is what's in my dataimport.properties.

#Wed Nov 10 11:36:28 PST 2010
metadataObject.last_index_time=2010-09-20 11\:12\:47
interval=1
port=8080
server=localhost
params=/select?qt\=/dataimport&command\=full-import&clean\=true&commit\=true
webapp=solr
id.last_index_time=2010-11-10 11\:36\:27
syncEnabled=1
last_index_time=2010-11-10 11\:36\:27

________________________________
Posted by Ken Stanley <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: scheduling imports and heartbeats

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DonDiego/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss

Re: scheduling imports and heartbeats

Posted by Tri Nguyen <tr...@yahoo.com>.
i'm looking for another solution other than cron job.