Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2018/09/05 16:02:52 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.6.3

+1.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
There's always a thin line between bug and feature. Without trying to
bend the rules, the update you sent on update queues could be
considered a bug fix instead of a feature dev, and we could bring it
into 2.6.x and release 2.6.4 early next week:

I would also ask you to tweak your test (or add an additional test)
playing with a broker restart to make sure the queue update was
persisted on the journal. (I will add that comment to your PR).

On which case, can I get a +1 from one, with a condition of releasing
2.6.4 shortly next week? I would make that on the vote results.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.6.3

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.6.3

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I'd tend to agree with Clebert here I think. Though the outcome is
harsh, it doesnt seem a common enough case to be hit that it warrants
holding the release in itself. It could be documented as known issue
and another release made soon to correct the problem for those that it
actually applies to, while in the meantime everyone else can get the
fixes that do help them now.

The vote is still open until closed and so the vote is counted, but
-1's are not veto's on release votes and there are still sufficient
+1's and binding votes to proceed. Thats something which is at the
release managers discretion.

Robbie

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
i don’t think a regression like this qualifies as -1. We can just follow up
with 2.6.4.

From what I understood you will need to enable force and then update the

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.6.3

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1