Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by c00cws00 <c0...@nchc.org.tw> on 2008/02/13 07:49:36 UTC

How to config if ssh server port is not default

Hello all

   How to configure Hadoop or Eclipse for if my Hadoop ssh port not 22?

--
David

Issue starting dfs..

Posted by Venkatavaradan Raghunathan <va...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi

I am trying to run hadoop on windows (cygwin installation).

When I run command to start the dfs, I am getting the following
exception:
$ bin/start-dfs.sh
Hadoop home:/cygdrive/c/hadoop-0.15.3/bin/..
conf dir /cygdrive/c/hadoop-0.15.3/bin/../conf
starting daemon 1..
starting namenode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-0.15.3/bin/../logs/hadoop-varad
an-namenode-orderfirm-lx.out
starting daemon 2..
before calling slaves..
config called inside slaves..
before ssh
localhost: cat: cannot open file
/dev/fs/C/tmp/hadoop-varadan-datanode.pid : No
such file or directory
localhost: starting datanode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop-0.15.3/bin/../logs/h
adoop-varadan-datanode-orderfirm-lx.out
localhost: mv: rename
/dev/fs/C/cygdrive/c/hadoop-0.15.3/bin/../logs/hadoop-vara
dan-datanode-orderfirm-lx.out to
/dev/fs/C/cygdrive/c/hadoop-0.15.3/bin/../logs/
hadoop-varadan-datanode-orderfirm-lx.out.1: No such file or directory
localhost: head: Cannot open file
'/dev/fs/C/cygdrive/c/hadoop-0.15.3/bin/../log
s/hadoop-varadan-datanode-orderfirm-lx.out': No such file or directory

Can anybody help me in this regard?

Thanks and Regards
Venkat

Re: How to config if ssh server port is not default

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.
david wrote:
> I mean I used IBM mapredce tools plugin Eclipse for connect to Hadoop server.
> Original Eclipse show connect fail, then I found problem appear my Hadoop
> server ssh port is not default 22. Eclipse connect to Hadoop sucess, if I
> change backup port 22.
>
> So how to used Eclipse connect to not used port 22 ssh Hadoop server?

Hadoop does not have an SSH server in it.

Sorry I do not know how IBM mapreduce in eclipse works. Someone else
might have better idea.

Raghu.

Re: How to config if ssh server port is not default

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.

------- End of Original Message -------

Re: How to config if ssh server port is not default

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.