Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Patrick Thomas <ad...@twprogrammers.com> on 2014/06/03 01:45:09 UTC

Don't modify body - just add headers?

System Details:
OS: Linux
Distro: Ubuntu
Version: 12.04
Arch:
amd64

SpamAssassin Details:
Version: 3.4.0 running on Perl 5.14.2

Call Method: Mail => Postfix => Procmail => SpamAssassin
local.cf
Modifications: Global bayes database, cleared report template
Procmail
recipes for spam:
### START ###
:0 wf
| /usr/bin/spamassassin
:0 w

* ^X-Spam-Flag:.*YES
| $DELIVER -m Spam -d $USERNAME
:0 w
*
^X-Spam-Status:.*Yes
| $DELIVER -m Spam -d $USERNAME
### END ###

Issue:
I don't like that it modifies the entire message. I tried using
clear_report_template in local.cf, but it still mucks with the
entire message. All I want it to do is add the X-Spam* headers. I made a
post <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2224318> about this on
ubuntuforums.com but the guy that
was helping me ran out of thoughts, he was the the one that had me use
clear_report_template in local.cf. He suggests MailScanner, but I
don't really want to use more middle man programs. Is there a way to do
this without more middle man programs?

Sincerely,
Patrick Thomas (Timberwolf)
Timberwolf Programmers Owner

Re: Don't modify body - just add headers?

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
> On 04.06.14 14:26, Patrick Thomas wrote:
>> How would I use postfix to run it through SpamAssassin then procmail? I
>> don't want it to drop "spam", just deliver it to the spam folder.
>
> I believe that googling for "postfix spamassassin" will give you enough of
> hints, if spamass-milter is not enough for you.

I'd suggest FuGlu http://fuglu.org though it's probably overkill for a
single user setup.

Re: Don't modify body - just add headers?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 04.06.14 14:26, Patrick Thomas wrote:
>How would I use postfix to run it through SpamAssassin then procmail? I
> don't want it to drop "spam", just deliver it to the spam folder.

I believe that googling for "postfix spamassassin" will give you enough of
hints, if spamass-milter is not enough for you.

Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.

Re: Don't modify body - just add headers?

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:26:22 -0500
Patrick Thomas wrote:

> How would I use postfix to run it through SpamAssassin then procmail?
> I don't want it to drop "spam", just deliver it to the spam folder.

The point of checking from the MTA is to reject some or all spam
instead accepting it. It's not the same as dropping it since
legitimate senders get a delivery failure message from their own MTA.

If you don't want to do that then don't do spam checking from the MTA.

Re: Don't modify body - just add headers?

Posted by Patrick Thomas <ad...@twprogrammers.com>.
____________________
---- Sent from K-9 Mail ----

On 02.06.14 18:45, Patrick Thomas wrote:
>Call Method: Mail => Postfix => Procmail => SpamAssassin
>local.cf
>Modifications: Global bayes database, cleared report template
>Procmail
>recipes for spam:
>### START ###
>:0 wf
>| /usr/bin/spamassassin

just a note, I would recommend:

- calling spamc instead of spamassassin (shortens startup time).

- even better, run spam filter as postfix filter, using spamass-milter or
   other pre-queue filter.  You could reject spam already at SMTP level

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...

Re: Don't modify body - just add headers?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

Posted by Patrick Thomas <ad...@twprogrammers.com>.
Thank you! That did the trick.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.