Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by "David Liu (gmail dev)" <em...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/25 06:07:55 UTC

Re: BigTop's Hadoop Smoke Test

Roman and all,

I am adding a wiki page to keep track of all the latest status of running
the smoke tests. Like Lei and many of us found, running the tests are not as
simple as "mvn verify". For newbies like me, I don't know how long it will
take, whether it is setup related or it is a known issue, and whether there
are workarounds.

The real objective is to improve the results of the smoke tests enough so
they can be incorporated into the Cloudera and Apache Jenkins.

So here it is:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Known+Working+Tests

I added the test results and related JIRA tickets (providing
workarounds/patches) for Hadoop and Mahout. If you find it useful, please
contribute your results there, so we can build on top of each other's
results.

David

From:  Lei Zou <le...@gmail.com>
Date:  Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:06:03 -0700