Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Aaron Hepp <aa...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/16 23:44:52 UTC

OM 4.02 SNAPSHOT on ubuntu 16.04 not working on port 80

I had been running on a Windows 7 platform and decided to move to a
Ubuntu platform ( Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS) for performance and
reliability.   I got the installation up and configured as normal, as
per my other install I went into /om/conf and change the red5.properties
to http.port=80 and save the file.

Ran the script via >sh red5.sh

Application started up as normal.  But now when trying to go to the page
via regular http (example: http://192.168.1.00/openmeetings/) I am
getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.  I can change the port to anything else
in the system and works fine, I just can not get it to map to port 80.

NMAP shows nothing listening on 80 as it is not another program locking
the port nor does it report 80 when script is running. Open ports 1935
and 9999 running from red5.sh

Is there something special that needs to be done to map it to port 80 in
Linux beside the properties file?

Version4.0.2-SNAPSHOT / Revision53e7a67 / Build date2018-02-14T17:15:29Z

Re: OM 4.02 SNAPSHOT on ubuntu 16.04 not working on port 80

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Running on port 80
Might require root access rights
+ you might have Apache server already running on port 80

WBR, Maxim
(from mobile, sorry for the typos)

Posted by Aaron Hepp <aa...@gmail.com>.