Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/18 09:47:15 UTC

Qpid CI on Apache Jenkins

Hi,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to point out some work that has
been going on to integrate some of Qpid's builds onto the Apache
Jenkins instances over the last few months.   We now have the Java
client being tested against the C++/Java Broker on each commit and the
Python tests being run against both Brokers.  Build notification
reports are being sent to 	 notifications@qpid.apache.org.  Builds are
generally proving to be quite stable with only a few spurious reports,
so I'd encourage you to sign up to notifications if you have not done
so already.

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Continuous+Integration

We have just automated the (java) build/test of the release 0.14 branch too.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.  Post them here or add them to
the Future integration section of the  wiki page.

cheers, Keith.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Qpid CI on Apache Jenkins

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/18/2011 08:47 AM, Keith W wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to take this opportunity to point out some work that has
> been going on to integrate some of Qpid's builds onto the Apache
> Jenkins instances over the last few months.   We now have the Java
> client being tested against the C++/Java Broker on each commit and the
> Python tests being run against both Brokers.  Build notification
> reports are being sent to 	 notifications@qpid.apache.org.  Builds are
> generally proving to be quite stable with only a few spurious reports,
> so I'd encourage you to sign up to notifications if you have not done
> so already.
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Continuous+Integration
>
> We have just automated the (java) build/test of the release 0.14 branch too.
>
> Any comments or suggestions welcome.  Post them here or add them to
> the Future integration section of the  wiki page.

That is fantastic, thanks!

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Qpid CI on Apache Jenkins

Posted by Andrew Kennedy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 18 Nov 2011, at 08h47, Keith W wrote:
> [...]  We now have the Java client being tested against the C++/Java Broker on each commit and the
> Python tests being run against both Brokers. [...]

Good stuff, Keith. Thanks a lot for getting the C++ builds and testing properly sorted out.

It would be interesting to try and do some C++ broker cluster testing, as well. I'm not sure the best way to approach this, though?

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? +447584719571 : http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ;

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org