Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> on 2006/08/18 00:07:40 UTC

Release schedule

I am wondering what would be the estimate date for 4.1 release?
Do we have an idea of when and what releases are going to happen?
How many more 4.0.x releases will we have?

Thanks.

Re: Release schedule

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/6/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Any updates on when 4.1 will be ready?

The code's been ready a while now (rather like 4.0.2)- we just need to
wait for the 4.0.2 release to get out, then we can call a vote for 4.1

--

James
-------

Re: Release schedule

Posted by Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com>.
Hi!

Any updates on when 4.1 will be ready?

Re: Release schedule

Posted by yaussy <ya...@cboe.com>.
Thanks, Hiram.

I will double check the version of 4.0.2 I'm using and retest.

Also - I forgot about the XML special character issues.  We use XML for our
configuration stuff, too, and I should have known that.

Re: Release schedule

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
4.1 has been released.

-Brian

Re: Release schedule

Posted by sileshi <si...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Release schedule

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
> [...]

> >         at
> > org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:143)
> > org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
> >         at
> > org.apache.activemq.util.ClassLoading.loadClass(ClassLoading.java:104)
> >         at
> > org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion(OpenWireFormat.java:327)
> >         ... 6 more
> >

> > There must be an upgrade path for 4.1.  If that means I have to go to
> > 4.0.2 (which I did not try yet), that is OK.  But, I can't possibly tell
> > my management that I have to upgrade the AMQ version on all 50 or so
> > machines we have in production.
> >

> > Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm starting to work on the first release candidate for 4.1..
> >>
> >> please let me know if I should hold off!

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Release schedule

Posted by yaussy <ya...@cboe.com>.

Re: Release schedule

Posted by yaussy <ya...@cboe.com>.

Re: Release schedule

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I'm starting to work on the first release candidate for 4.1..

please let me know if I should hold off!

On 10/3/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> It looks like this is changed now with 4.0.3. Any idea when 4.1 is going to
> be out? Thanks.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Release schedule

Posted by Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com>.
Hi James,

Re: Release schedule

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> wrote:
> I am wondering what would be the estimate date for 4.1 release?
> Do we have an idea of when and what releases are going to happen?
> How many more 4.0.x releases will we have?

Now that 4.0.2 is pretty much out (the vote on the Incubator PMC looks
just about done) I think we're close to cutting our first release of
4.1 as the code's looking in good shape. So maybe a week or so for the
first release candidate build then if that's OK about another week or
so to get it through the voting process
--

James
-------