Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ronald Klop <ro...@base.nl> on 2006/03/03 11:04:49 UTC

cluster and sendRedirect? (session not replicated?)

Hello,

I've the feeling that Tomcat doesn't replicate the session if I end the request with a response.sendRedirect(...). Can this be true? Or is it possible the sendRedirect is too fast, so the session isn't replicated yet.

I don't have enough knowledge of the Tomcat source, to find this out quickly.

Ronald.

PS: I'm using 5.5.15 with SimpleTcpCluster.

Re: cluster and sendRedirect? (session not replicated?)

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
depends on your cluster configuration, if you are using sync or async

async, there is a good chance that the session hasn't been replicated
yet, hence it requires sticky LB.
sync means that the request shouldn't complete until the replication is
complete

Filip