Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/26 01:47:07 UTC

Unable to run cocoon-2.1-dev on tomcat 4.1.18

Hello,

I'm unable to run cocoon-2.1-dev on tomcat 4.1.18 --
it seems to be crashing tomcat without any error
messages.

Here is what I've done:

-Downloaded and installed tomcat 4.1.18
-Started tomcat -- worked fine
-Downloaded and built cocoon-2.1-dev with scratchpad
and no blocks
-Copied cocoon files into webapps/cocoon directory
-Started tomcat -- it looks like tomcat tries to load
cocoon and abruptly exits.  There are no errors in
tomcat log files.

I've tried replacing xalan, xerces and xmlapis jars
with those from cocoon in tomcat's common/endorsed
directory, but that doesn't seem to make any
difference.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: Unable to run cocoon-2.1-dev on tomcat 4.1.18

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@vip.net.pl>.
On śro, lut 26, 2003 at 08:56:02 -0000, Richard In Public wrote:
> Hi Alex
>
> Are you running tomcat as a service?  If so, try running it from the command
> line using the appropriate batch file (%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\startup.bat for
> windows).
>
> If this helps, see my earlier post on this subject:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg24914.html
I've succeeded to setup Tomcat as win32 service using this batch instructions

@SET GEMINI_JDK_HOME=c:\DevTools\j2sdk1.4.1_01
@SET GEMINI_TOMCAT_HOME=c:\DevTools\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18-LE-jdk14
@SET GEMINI_JVM="%GEMINI_JDK_HOME%\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"
@SET GEMINI_CLASSPATH=%GEMINI_TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%GEMINI_TOMCAT_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar
@SET GEMINI_ENDORSED=%GEMINI_TOMCAT_HOME%\common\endorsed
@SET GEMINI_LOG=%GEMINI_TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stdout.log
@SET GEMINI_ERR_LOG=%GEMINI_TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stdout.log

tomcat -uninstall Gemini
tomcat.exe -install "Gemini" %GEMINI_JVM% -Djava.class.path=%GEMINI_CLASSPATH% -Djava.endorsed.dirs=%GEMINI_ENDORSED% -Dcatalina.home=%GEMINI_TOMCAT_HOME% -start org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params start -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop -out %GEMINI_LOG% -err %GEMINI_ERR_LOG%

no problem with endorsed libraries at all
	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: Unable to run cocoon-2.1-dev on tomcat 4.1.18

Posted by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Alex

Are you building the cocoon.war file and placing it in the
%catalina_home%/webapps directory?

.\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp

Richard

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
I've changed my environment from jdk1.3 to 1.4.1 and
everything worked!  One thing I noticed thought that
my jdk1.3 had xml libraries in it's endorsed
directory... not sure if this was the issue.