Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org> on 2017/12/14 12:12:43 UTC

SolrCloud RESTORE leaves second replica empty.

Hello, Devs.

I observe interesting restore failure on SolrCloud 6.6.
When the second replica (1) is added, it recovers from the first one (0),
which is expected to be restored already. It usually fine, but quite
regularly it recovers from empty replica, like it happens before restore is
done. I briefly checked overseer log it expose enough level of sanity:
adding the second happens after the first one's recovery.

Have you seen such sort of race-condition?

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: SolrCloud RESTORE leaves second replica empty.

Posted by Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in>.
Hi Mikhail,

Do you have logs for when this happens? Maybe we could create a Jira to
track it?