Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James JKE95 Kerridge <jk...@qantas.com.au> on 2003/10/16 07:25:56 UTC

Is this a bug? html:image tag rewriting src attribute

Hi,

I am using the <html:image> tag and I notice that if I open a new browser
and access the page with the image tag I get an error (i.e. internet
explorer says ! Done but with errors in the bottom left of the status
bar.) Also the image doesn't load correctly.

On inspection I notice that:

value="submit" styleClass="noborders"/>

has been rendered as:

<input type="image" name=""
src="/img/buttons/bt_login.gif;tradesiteCookie=1ONMXOfhMCOFHsDOnWH1KDVxGoPXSJPwjfLxB8B1O9sOZJxHC2VH!-549145099!170064848!7001!7002"
border="0" value="submit" class="noborders" alt="Login">

Notice that the src attribute's URL has been rewritten to include the
tradesite cookie. The source code confirms this is the intention.

I don't think this is correct. I can understand why the URL should be
rewritten on the form tag and also links but why would it be done for a
URL of a graphic?

Should I raise this as a bug or am I misunderstanding a fundamental of web
development here.

Note this also happens for the img tag.

To fix this I have used plain html for the image tag, but I would like to
use the struts tags because they are fantastic!

Cheers

James

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should
destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by
reason of mistaken delivery to you.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901

Visit Qantas online at http://www.qantas.com.au