Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Rohit Shinde <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/16 05:04:50 UTC

Student looking to contribute toward OpenNLP

Hello everyone,

I still haven't got a reply to my previous email and I would really
appreciate a reply to that.

I would like to contribute as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Re: Student looking to contribute toward OpenNLP

Posted by andy mcmurry <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rohit,  this discussion is a bit domain specific for the general
open NLP channel. please email me directly if interested.

Andy mcmurry
AndyMC@apache.org

Posted by Rohit Shinde <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohit Shinde <ro...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I have no problem with that. I'll look over some other issues.

In the meantime, I think I would like to work on medical de-identification.
How would I go about starting this work? What all would I need to know?

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Rohit Shinde <ro...@gmail.com>.
I would certainly like to get involved in this then.

I looked over the paper and its results were highly positive. So does this
mean that we would be implementing their model that gave such good results?

Also, I was looking at the OpenNLP issues on the JIRA page and I really
liked this one--> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-757

Could you tell me more about that issue? Could I work on it if possible?

I don't mind working on either project.

Posted by andy mcmurry <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohit Shinde <ro...@gmail.com>.