Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Kofon <pk...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/30 20:37:46 UTC

OFF- TOPIC: Building web forms automatically

Hi everyone,

I have a web-based application that depends heavily on forms. Sometimes,
these forms have to be custom built according to the need at hand. I've
thought about using XML/XSLT to generate and transform the forms for
display. I'm familiar with the Xerces parser and can use to parse XML files.
My problem however, is that I can't think of a simple way to generate the
XML files that will contain the data needed to generate the forms. I won't
want the users of my applications to have to edit the XML files by hand. I
would want them, instead, to go through a web-based wizard that will
generate the XML files automatically. Has anyone done this sort of thing
before? If so, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul