Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@osa.de> on 2002/08/11 16:36:01 UTC

Parameters.toProperties() ?

Hi All,

	Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! :)

	I'm working with a 3rd party library that uses
	java.util.Properties objects to store configuration data.

	I currently have a Framework Parameters object with the config data in
	it, and are atm manually converting it to a Properties object.

	I was thinking that this operation of converting a Parameters
	object to a Properties object was general enough to go into the
	Parameters class itself ?

	Something like:

/**
 * Helper method to convert an Avalon Parameters object into a Java Util
 * Properties object.
 *
 * @param p a <code>Parameters</code> instance
 * @return a <code>Properties</code> instance
 */
private Properties parametersToProperties(Parameters p)
{
    Properties prop = new Properties();
    String[] names = p.getNames();

    for (int i = 0; i < names.length; ++i)
    {
        // "" is the default value, since getNames() proves it will exist
        prop.setProperty(names[i], p.getParameter(names[i], ""));
    }

    return prop;
}

	Any thoughts ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'     email: crafterm@managesoft.com
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Parameters.toProperties() ?

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
ok, just committed the change.

Cheers,

Marcus

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 07:58:06AM +1000, Peter Donald wrote:
> +1
>
> On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 00:36, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > 	Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! :)
> >
> > 	I'm working with a 3rd party library that uses
> > 	java.util.Properties objects to store configuration data.
> >
> > 	I currently have a Framework Parameters object with the config data in
> > 	it, and are atm manually converting it to a Properties object.
> >
> > 	I was thinking that this operation of converting a Parameters
> > 	object to a Properties object was general enough to go into the
> > 	Parameters class itself ?
> >
> > 	Something like:
> >
> > /**
> >  * Helper method to convert an Avalon Parameters object into a Java Util
> >  * Properties object.
> >  *
> >  * @param p a <code>Parameters</code> instance
> >  * @return a <code>Properties</code> instance
> >  */
> > private Properties parametersToProperties(Parameters p)
> > {
> >     Properties prop = new Properties();
> >     String[] names = p.getNames();
> >
> >     for (int i = 0; i < names.length; ++i)
> >     {
> >         // "" is the default value, since getNames() proves it will exist
> >         prop.setProperty(names[i], p.getParameter(names[i], ""));
> >     }
> >
> >     return prop;
> > }
> >
> > 	Any thoughts ?
> >
> > 	Cheers,
> >
> > 	Marcus
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Peter Donald

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Parameters.toProperties() ?