Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/25 06:09:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.2 - RC0

Hi folks,

With tons of help from Sunil, we have created RC0 for Apache Hadoop 3.1.2.
The artifacts are available here:

*http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/
<http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/>*

The RC tag in git is release-3.1.2-RC0:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/commits/release-3.1.2-RC0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at
*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/>*

This vote will run 5 days from now.

3.1.2 contains 325 [1] fixed JIRA issues since 3.1.1.

I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My +1
to start.

Best,
Wangda Tan and Sunil Govind

[1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.1.2)
ORDER BY priority DESC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.2 - RC0

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for reporting and fixing this issue, let’s redo the issue and will
send another vote shortly.

Best,
Wangda

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 10:03 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:

> @Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> I have pushed the changes to branch-3.1
> and branch-3.1.2. Verified hadoop-3.1.2 branch build for functionalities.
> Should new RC to be given OR same could be continued with updated
> repositories?
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 10:54, Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> -1, I found an issue in ATSv2 initialization in NodeManager.  This causes
>> none of the ATSv2 events published from NodeManager. I have created
>> YARN-9242 for tracking the same.
>>
>> -Rohith Sharma K S
>>
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 11:40, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> With tons of help from Sunil, we have created RC0 for Apache Hadoop
>>> 3.1.2.
>>> The artifacts are available here:
>>>
>>> *http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/
>>> <http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/>*
>>>
>>> The RC tag in git is release-3.1.2-RC0:
>>> https://github.com/apache/hadoop/commits/release-3.1.2-RC0
>>>
>>> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at
>>> *
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>> <
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>>
>>> This vote will run 5 days from now.
>>>
>>> 3.1.2 contains 325 [1] fixed JIRA issues since 3.1.1.
>>>
>>> I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
>>> +1
>>> to start.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Wangda Tan and Sunil Govind
>>>
>>> [1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.1.2)
>>> ORDER BY priority DESC
>>>
>> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.2 - RC0

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for reporting and fixing this issue, let’s redo the issue and will
send another vote shortly.

Best,
Wangda

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 10:03 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:

> @Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> I have pushed the changes to branch-3.1
> and branch-3.1.2. Verified hadoop-3.1.2 branch build for functionalities.
> Should new RC to be given OR same could be continued with updated
> repositories?
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 10:54, Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> -1, I found an issue in ATSv2 initialization in NodeManager.  This causes
>> none of the ATSv2 events published from NodeManager. I have created
>> YARN-9242 for tracking the same.
>>
>> -Rohith Sharma K S
>>
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 11:40, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> With tons of help from Sunil, we have created RC0 for Apache Hadoop
>>> 3.1.2.
>>> The artifacts are available here:
>>>
>>> *http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/
>>> <http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/>*
>>>
>>> The RC tag in git is release-3.1.2-RC0:
>>> https://github.com/apache/hadoop/commits/release-3.1.2-RC0
>>>
>>> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at
>>> *
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>> <
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>>
>>> This vote will run 5 days from now.
>>>
>>> 3.1.2 contains 325 [1] fixed JIRA issues since 3.1.1.
>>>
>>> I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
>>> +1
>>> to start.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Wangda Tan and Sunil Govind
>>>
>>> [1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.1.2)
>>> ORDER BY priority DESC
>>>
>> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.2 - RC0

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for reporting and fixing this issue, let’s redo the issue and will
send another vote shortly.

Best,
Wangda

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 10:03 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:

> @Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> I have pushed the changes to branch-3.1
> and branch-3.1.2. Verified hadoop-3.1.2 branch build for functionalities.
> Should new RC to be given OR same could be continued with updated
> repositories?
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 10:54, Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> -1, I found an issue in ATSv2 initialization in NodeManager.  This causes
>> none of the ATSv2 events published from NodeManager. I have created
>> YARN-9242 for tracking the same.
>>
>> -Rohith Sharma K S
>>
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 11:40, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> With tons of help from Sunil, we have created RC0 for Apache Hadoop
>>> 3.1.2.
>>> The artifacts are available here:
>>>
>>> *http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/
>>> <http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/>*
>>>
>>> The RC tag in git is release-3.1.2-RC0:
>>> https://github.com/apache/hadoop/commits/release-3.1.2-RC0
>>>
>>> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at
>>> *
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>> <
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>>
>>> This vote will run 5 days from now.
>>>
>>> 3.1.2 contains 325 [1] fixed JIRA issues since 3.1.1.
>>>
>>> I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
>>> +1
>>> to start.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Wangda Tan and Sunil Govind
>>>
>>> [1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.1.2)
>>> ORDER BY priority DESC
>>>
>> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.2 - RC0

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rohith,

Thanks for reporting and fixing this issue, let’s redo the issue and will
send another vote shortly.

Best,
Wangda

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 10:03 PM Rohith Sharma K S <
rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:

> @Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> I have pushed the changes to branch-3.1
> and branch-3.1.2. Verified hadoop-3.1.2 branch build for functionalities.
> Should new RC to be given OR same could be continued with updated
> repositories?
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 10:54, Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> -1, I found an issue in ATSv2 initialization in NodeManager.  This causes
>> none of the ATSv2 events published from NodeManager. I have created
>> YARN-9242 for tracking the same.
>>
>> -Rohith Sharma K S
>>
>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 11:40, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> With tons of help from Sunil, we have created RC0 for Apache Hadoop
>>> 3.1.2.
>>> The artifacts are available here:
>>>
>>> *http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/
>>> <http://home.apache.org/~sunilg/hadoop-3.1.2-RC0/>*
>>>
>>> The RC tag in git is release-3.1.2-RC0:
>>> https://github.com/apache/hadoop/commits/release-3.1.2-RC0
>>>
>>> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at
>>> *
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>> <
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1212/
>>>
>>> This vote will run 5 days from now.
>>>
>>> 3.1.2 contains 325 [1] fixed JIRA issues since 3.1.1.
>>>
>>> I have done testing with a pseudo cluster and distributed shell job. My
>>> +1
>>> to start.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Wangda Tan and Sunil Govind
>>>
>>> [1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.1.2)
>>> ORDER BY priority DESC
>>>
>> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.1.2 - RC0

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.