Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anand Somani <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 17:13:16 UTC

Best way to track backups/delays for cross DC replication

Hi,

Scenario is a cluster spanning across datacenters and we use Local_quorum
and want to know when things are not getting replicated across data
centers. What is the best way to track/alert on that?

I was planning on using the HintedHandOffManager (JMX)
=> org.apache.cassandra.db:type=HintedHandoffManager countPendingHints. Are
there other metrics (maybe exposed via nodetool) I should be looking at. At
this point we are on 1.1.6 cassandra.

Thanks
Anand

Re: Best way to track backups/delays for cross DC replication

Posted by srmore <co...@gmail.com>.
I would be interested to know that too, it would be great if anyone can
share how they do (or do not) track or monitor cross datacenter migrations.

Thanks !