Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by qb <qu...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/08 21:43:28 UTC

camel-aws - DynamoDB API v2

Hi all,

In the project I'm working we are trying to use camel-aws component to
interact with DynamoDB, we got all working using
com.amazonaws.services.dynamodb.AmazonDynamoDBClient "API v1". The problem
is that for different reason we need to use
com.amazonaws.services.dynamodbv2.AmazonDynamoDBClient "API v2" (i.e. for
our testing we use DynamoDB local and API v1 are not supported anymore),
trying to use API v2 we are receiving the following exception (just moving
to API v1 the exception goes away and all works fine):

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find a suitable setter for
property: amazonDDBClient as there isn't a setter method with same type:
java.lang.String nor type conversion possible: No type converter available
to convert from type: java.lang.String to the required type:
com.amazonaws.services.dynamodb.AmazonDynamoDB with value
#amazonDynamoDBClient
	at
org.apache.camel.util.IntrospectionSupport.setProperty(IntrospectionSupport.java:560)
	at
org.apache.camel.util.IntrospectionSupport.setProperty(IntrospectionSupport.java:570)
	at
org.apache.camel.util.IntrospectionSupport.setProperties(IntrospectionSupport.java:454)
	at
org.apache.camel.util.EndpointHelper.setProperties(EndpointHelper.java:249)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultComponent.setProperties(DefaultComponent.java:272)
	at
org.apache.camel.component.aws.ddb.DdbComponent.createEndpoint(DdbComponent.java:39)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultComponent.createEndpoint(DefaultComponent.java:123)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.getEndpoint(DefaultCamelContext.java:512)

as the component at camel version we are using (2.13.2) seems to support API
v1 only.

In order to configure the endpoint we followed the instruction posted at
http://camel.apache.org/aws-ddb.html.

Are we missing something on how camel-aws support API v2? If not is there
any plan to support it? As we are happy to contribute, if you think is a
viable option, can you please point us on how can we contribute - create a
v2 of the component, update the current implementation, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quirino

Re: camel-aws - DynamoDB API v2

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Supprot for dynamodb v2 is coming in the upcoming Camel 2.16 release.
The 2.15.x only support v1.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:38 PM, jackson.oliveira <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing the same issue using camel 2.15.2 version. Is It a known issue?
>
> Cheers,

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com