Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Nick Atkins <Ni...@scalix.com> on 2006/03/17 18:27:51 UTC

Unnormalized score

Hi,

Apparently there is a way of retrieving the unnormalized score from a
Hit but I have been unable to track this down.  I need to return this
value because an external client wants to compile results from multiple
queries itself.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick.

Re: Unnormalized score

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Apparently there is a way of retrieving the unnormalized score from a
: Hit but I have been unable to track this down.  I need to return this
: value because an external client wants to compile results from multiple
: queries itself.

Not from the Hits class itself, but the raw score is available from most
(all?) of the methods in the Searchable interface that describe themselves
as "Expert" or "Lower-level" in the javadocs.

-Hoss