Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/10 13:16:30 UTC

[VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Hi Everyone,

I've cut a new release candidate for 5.2.0

Could you guys review the release artifacts and vote?

The release notes are here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/ActiveMQ+5.2.0+Release

You can get the binary distributions here:
http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2.0/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.2.0

The Maven2 repository is at:
http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2.0

The Maven generated website for this version is at:
http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-sites/activemq-5.2.0/maven/5.2.0

Source SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/tags/activemq-5.2.0

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.2.0

Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've cut a new release candidate for 5.2.0
>
> Could you guys review the release artifacts and vote?
>
> The release notes are here:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/ActiveMQ+5.2.0+Release
>
> You can get the binary distributions here:
> http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2.0/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.2.0
>
> The Maven2 repository is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2.0
>
> The Maven generated website for this version is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-sites/activemq-5.2.0/maven/5.2.0
>
> Source SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/tags/activemq-5.2.0
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.2.0

+1

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Glen, I added a unit test to trunk to try an reproduce your hang but
it works as expected. Can you work to modify the test case to see if
you can reproduce your hanging scenario and open a jira. The new test
is at:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/JmsConsumerResetActiveListenerTest.java?view=markup

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:33 AM, GlenK <gk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It locks forever on
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.setMessageListener(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:367)
>
> Same happened with v5.1, but OK with 4.1 or 4.2 (or with v4 client lib)
>
> Thread dump (Ctrl-Break):
>
> "ActiveMQ Session Task" prio=8 tid=0x04838760 nid=0x22fc in Object.wait()
> [0x0728f000..0x0728fc6c]
>        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>        - waiting on <0x08d70090> (a org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.shutdown(PooledTaskRunner.java:95)
>        - locked <0x08d70090> (a org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1)

Does this only happen with the PoolTaskRunner? Have you tried using
the DedicatedTaskRunner?

Bruce
);'

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by GlenK <gk...@yahoo.com>.
It locks forever on
[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by 任增刚 <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - RC1

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Awesome!  Thanks Gary!

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> quick update. I have resolved AMQ-1950. Trunk has a few other
> regressions, most of which I think I have resolved. Once I get a clean
> test run and do some simple validation I will cut another release
> candidate from trunk. Shooting for another  vote early next week.
> thanks,
> Gary.
>
> 2008/9/24 Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>:
>>

>> rajdavies wrote:
>>>
>>> thanks Hans - test case would be great!
>>>

>> See AMQ-1950 for the issue
>>
>> I've used a modified version of activemqjee-0.0.2-src.tar.gz attached to
>> AMQ-1849.
>> It closes receivers, senders, sessions, connections locally instead of
>> (bean)globally.
>>
>> I'll try to reproduce it with a stand-alone client, because it's probably
>> much easier to test.
>>
>> It seems that it also happens when a single MDB instance (one for each
>> purpose: TextSourceMDB and TextNextMDB) is deployed. (if my JBoss
>> configuration is correct).
>>
>> Hans
>>
>> --

Hiram