Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Howie <sh...@uoguelph.ca> on 2001/12/07 16:12:02 UTC

Tomcat Manager App gets funny message

Running the Manager App under Tomcat presents me with the following really
helpful error message:
        FAIL - Unknown command
I have my name 'scotty' defined in the 'tomcat-users.xml' file as follows:

<tomcat-users>
  <user name="scotty" password="******" roles="standard,manager" />
  <user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
  <user name="role1"  password="tomcat" roles="role1"  />
  <user name="both"   password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
</tomcat-users>
Anyone see this before?
[ Tomcat 4.0.1  Solaris 2.7  JSDK 1.3.1 ]
Scotty

Re: Tomcat Manager App gets funny message

Posted by Steve Howie <sh...@uoguelph.ca>.
Never mind ... I figured it out myself ... Marvellous what you can find if
you RTFM :)

Sorry folks

Scotty