Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Bunzli <Da...@health.qld.gov.au> on 2007/09/04 01:47:41 UTC

WS-Addr problem with Axis2 client

Hi,

I've developed a Java Axis2 1.1 client to talk to a dot net WS. My
client appears to have two problems:

1) The default <wsa:To> value in the header is incorrect.
I have attempted to correct this by calling the MessageContext.setTo()
method in my client Stub. When I debug I can see the value is being set,
but when I catch the request using TCPMon it's reverted to the default
value.

My code to set the value is...
_messageContext.setTo(new
EndpointReference("urn:PatientSearchService.asmx"));

Is this the wrong way to do it? Any suggestions?

2) The WS-Addr schema the dot net service requires is
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing, but out-of-the-box
Axis2 references http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing. Does anyone have
any ideas on how to change the <soapenv:Envelope> schema reference?

TIA,
David

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is
confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and
you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/
received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or
review of this email is strictly prohibited.  The information
contained in this email, including any attachment sent with
it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it
relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have
received this email in error, you are asked to immediately
notify the sender by telephone collect on Australia
+61 1800 198 175 or by return email.  You should also
delete this email, and any copies, from your computer
system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy,
distribute or take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of
disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
email is also prohibited.

Although Queensland Health takes all reasonable steps to
ensure this email does not contain malicious software,
Queensland Health does not accept responsibility for the
consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers
any disruption to services, loss of information, harm or is
infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme or
code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this
email.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views
of the sender and not the views of the Queensland Government.

Re: WS-Addr problem with Axis2 client

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

We do not support 2004/03 version of WS-Addressing. Any possibility of
moving to 2004/08 or 2005/08?

Thanks,
Chinthaka

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Please find My comments inlined ..

David Bunzli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've developed a Java Axis2 1.1 client to talk to a dot net WS. My
> client appears to have two problems:
>
> 1) The default <wsa:To> value in the header is incorrect.
> I have attempted to correct this by calling the
> MessageContext.setTo() method in my client Stub. When I debug I can
> see the value is being set, but when I catch the request using TCPMon
> it's reverted to the default value.
>
> My code to set the value is...
> _messageContext.setTo(new
> EndpointReference("urn:PatientSearchService.asmx"));
>
> Is this the wrong way to do it? Any suggestions?
To to do that you need to set the Transport_URL property to actual address of the service.

_messageContxt.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.TRANSPORT_U
RL, transportTo);

_messageContxt.setTo(new EndpointReference(
"urn:PatientSerachService.asmx"):

> 2) The WS-Addr schema the dot net service requires is
> http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing, but out-of-the-box
> Axis2 references http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing. Does anyone
> have any ideas on how to change the <soapenv:Envelope> schema reference?

you can do that by setting following property in client options.

options.setProperty(AddressingConstants.WS_ADDRESSING_VERSION,
                    AddressingConstants.Submission.WSA_NAMESPACE);

Please use the axis2-user list to ask this types of questions.

Best,
Sanka

> TIA,
> David

> This email, including any attachments sent with it, is
> confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
> This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and
> you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/
> received in error.
>
> Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or
> review of this email is strictly prohibited. The information
> contained in this email, including any attachment sent with
> it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it
> relates to health service matters.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have
> received this email in error, you are asked to immediately
> notify the sender by telephone collect on Australia
> +61 1800 198 175 or by return email. You should also
> delete this email, and any copies, from your computer
> system network and destroy any hard copies produced.
>
> If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy,
> distribute or take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of
> disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
> email is also prohibited.
>
> Although Queensland Health takes all reasonable steps to
> ensure this email does not contain malicious software,
> Queensland Health does not accept responsibility for the
> consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers
> any disruption to services, loss of information, harm or is
> infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme or
> code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this
> email.
>
> Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views
> of the sender and not the views of the Queensland Government.

Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.

http://www.bloglines.com/blog/sanka
http://www.wso2.org/