Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2010/05/18 19:58:33 UTC

puzzling sentence in Derby's STATUS file

Does anyone know what the following sentence means? It's been in the
"Project info" section of the STATUS file since 10.1:

"The Derby sub-project's modules will be available as distinct and
discrete downloads."

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: puzzling sentence in Derby's STATUS file

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Rick Hillegas
> <ri...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what the following sentence means? It's been in the
>> "Project info" section of the STATUS file since 10.1:
>>
>> "The Derby sub-project's modules will be available as distinct and discrete
>> downloads."
>>

> Hi Rick,
>
> I lifted this sentence from the Incubator page for Derby:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/derby.html
>
> This sentence turns out to be in the original checkin of the Incubator page:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/site/projects/derby.cwiki?view=markup&pathrev=46677
>
> which was written by either Ken Coar or Dan. Considering the previous
> paragraph on the Incubator page, I'm with Knut as to how to interpret
> it.
>
> regards,
> andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that clarification. I removed the sentence from the STATUS
file. I can see that it said something important about the project while
it was being incubated.

Regards,

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
On 05/18/10 07:58 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Does anyone know what the following sentence means? It's been in the
> "Project info" section of the STATUS file since 10.1:
>
> "The Derby sub-project's modules will be available as distinct and
> discrete downloads."

Perhaps it means that Derby is a separate download from the other
sub-projects under the DB project? Just guessing...

--
Knut Anders

Re: puzzling sentence in Derby's STATUS file

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> On 5/18/2010 10:58 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>
>> "The Derby sub-project's modules will be available as distinct and
>> discrete downloads."
>>
> Sounds like someone's "vision for the future".  Do you know who added it?

Thanks, Kathey. No I don't. It was last touched by Andrew when he fixed
line endings as part of revision 153285.

Re: puzzling sentence in Derby's STATUS file

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.