Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "V. Trizna" <Vi...@uclouvain.be> on 2012/05/11 17:49:15 UTC

Thanks

Hello everybody,

Back to you after a while.

I spent the last weeks to test Openmeetings and making demos in the
university where I work in the hope that we'll use it as 'official'
conferencing system.

First of all, like other people, I want to thank all of you developers and
contributors, for that wonderful Openmeetings project.

I tested version 1.9 in a real situation for the first time last week.
(Conference between Belgium and China (Shanghai and Beijing)).

It worked like a charm, good connections, good video and audio and the
audience was impressed.

I also tested the Moodle plugin on a Moodle 2.0 server, everything works
fine.

I have a small suggestion, it would be great to have an option (on/off) when
creating a room to play a sound when someone enters the room, very
convenient when waiting for other attendees.

I'll also try to contribute as I can.

All the best,

Vital,

RE: Thanks

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
V. Trizna,

If you liked version 1.9, you may really like version 2.0 and current
build.  I really like the improvements in version 2.0.

Did you use it just for audio and video conferencing?  Did you have
PowerPoint slide show, and/or did you share and documents like MS Word
or Excel.  Would you have used Screen sharing to share programs running
on a computer?

You said "It worked like a charm, good connections, good video and audio
and the audience was impressed.".  How many people in the meeting?  Do
you know what kind of audio equipment was being used ?  I ask this as my
tests with about 5 to 6 participants had terrible issues with acoustic
echo as they were using laptops with inbuilt speakers and microphones.

You mentioned that you integrated it with Moodle.  Is there a
possibility you could show me a demo (via OpenMeeings) of how your
University is using Moodle?  I am keen to see how people make use of
Moodle. Applications can off great features, but it is often how people
actually make use of them that actually makes the difference. There is
an old story about violins that I once heard, "if you gave a great
musician a violin to play and then gave me one, you might notice a
difference, and it would not be the violin's fault", this is so true for
computer systems.  If you want you can  contact me directly  on my email
below (as this forum is about OpenMeetings).

Thanks,

George Kirkham

E: gkirkham@co2crc.com.au,

Re: Thanks