Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by koevet <in...@lucianofiandesio.com> on 2011/04/26 16:39:05 UTC

Fail over options when using JMS Bridge

Hello,
I'm using Active MQ 5.5.0.
I have the following scenario:
I have created a JMS bridge between ActiveMQ and Weblogic 10.3. JMS Messages
sent to ActiveMQ get forwarded to Weblogic. No response needed. Everything
works.
Now, I would like to understand which kind of fail over options I do have
when the remote JMS server is down.

I would like ActiveMQ to:
1. reconnect when Weblogic goes up again
2. redeliver queued messages

At the moment, I can have ActiveMQ to retry to deliver, by  using
"maximumRetries" property of "outboundQueueBridges". When the number of
retries exceed the limit, ActiveMQ stops using the foreign JMS server
alltogether. Messages don't get re-delivered and new incoming messages stay
in the local queue.
This is my current xml configuration: http://pastebin.com/artYXiTJ

Is there anything I can do to achieve the fail over requirements at point 1
and 2?

Thanks
Luciano

Re: Fail over options when using JMS Bridge

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
If you set setMaximumRetries to 0, it should retry forever.

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com