Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by si...@mail.de on 2023/04/25 11:46:58 UTC

ERD data model documentation

Hey together,   I already worked with the Data Model Diagrams https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Data+Model+Diagrams. From time to time I found it really challenging to navigate through. Those diagrams also become more and more outdated the more development happens within OFBiz. With the attached files I wasn't able to create a new interactive and up-to-date representation for my own purposes.   I checked into some reverse engineering tools and came to Schema Spy which is a really, really cool project when it comes down to database documentation / ERD generation. It's interactive within the web browser so navigating through different entities is really easy. I succeeded to generate a OFBiz representation and will attach some screenshots. I do not have the ressources to host it on my own, but I can deliver a short description of the generation process as well as the generated documents which can be hosted as static html if someone is interested. I think that could be a good way to boost understanding within the developer community.   Feel free to ping me so we can exchange ideas, documents and the description.    FYI: I also tried the same with the pgadmin ERD-generator. That approach failed due to memory issues - I wasn't able to scroll through the generated charts nor to export them into something applicable.

FreeMail powered by mail.de - MEHR SICHERHEIT, SERIOSITÄT UND KOMFORT