Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Atul Gulve <at...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/28 12:43:53 UTC

It works---Re: Cocoon on BEA Weblogic6.1 SP2

Hi,

There are quite a few things you have to do to make cocoon work on bea.

1. Remove dots from jars filenames of cocoon. (lib\*.jar)
2. Remove manifest files from the above jars or i guess there is a patch
available from BEA to resolve this problem.
3. Copy cocoon webapp (not cocoon.war but the cocoon directory) to bea
(%BEA_HOME%\wlserver6.1\config\mydomain\applications).
4. Edit %BEA_HOME%\wlserver6.1\config\mydomain\config.xml to include the
following lines.
<Application Deployed="true" Name="cocoon"
Path=".\config\mydomain\applications">
<WebAppComponent Name="cocoon" Targets="myserver" URI="cocoon"/>
</Application>
5. Make sure that you have parameter transformer-factory for the
xslt-processor in cocoon.xconf---It looks like as follows
  <xslt-processor
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl"
                  logger="core.xslt-processor">
     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="transformer-factory"
value="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
  </xslt-processor>

6. Now start bea. It should work.
7. There is one more hitch. If you want to use sub-sitemaps then the
pipeline should be as follows---
<map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="documents/**">
     <map:mount uri-prefix="/documents" src="documentation/"
check-reload="yes"/>
   </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Note that I have added '/' before the uri-prefix. Otherwise you get an error
saying "The current URI doesn't start with given prefix"

This way sub-sitemap also works and everything works fine.

But now with these modification cocoon application does not run on
Tomcat4.0.1

Does anyone know how to make the same cocoon application run on both BEA as
well Tomcat.

Thanks,
Atul

From: Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon on BEA Weblogic6.1 SP2
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:38:47 +0400

From: "Atul Gulve" <at...@hotmail.com>

 > Hi,
 >
 > I have deployed cocoon(2.0.1) application on bea WebLogic6.1 SP2.

Great!

Could you please tell us how you did it?

------

 > type fatal
 >
 > message The current URI doesn't start with given prefix
 >
 > description java.lang.RuntimeException: The current URI doesn't start
with
 > given prefix
 >
 > sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
 >
 > source Cocoon servlet
 >
 > request-uri
 >
 > /cocoon/documents/doclist.html
 >
 > path-info
 >
 > /documents/doclist.html

 > If I put all mappings in the main sitemap then it works. But I want to
have
 > different sitemaps for different directories under my webapp.
 >

 > Could anyone tell me what to do?

See Cocoon logs to see if this is a Cocoon error. If you give more info on
the source of the error then we'll try to help.

Konstantin

RE: It works---Re: Cocoon on BEA Weblogic6.1 SP2

Posted by Rajeev Singh <rs...@zapapp.com>.
Hi,

Cant I unjar all the files and put under one single jar.
I tried but in the end it gives exception at the very last stage.

Alternatively as u had suggested, even if we just remove the dots in the
jars and put cocoon as expanded app in domain , do I have to edit
startweblogic file to add classpath for all jars under web-inf/lib
directory, there are around 35 jar files.
  Is it anyway possible to know which jars we need?

If somebody can resolve this then we can come up with one final document
on how to install the cocoon2.0.2 on bea weblogic version 6.1, which
help the bea users in this forum.

Thx,
Rajeev

From: Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>