Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Kedar, Shahar" <Sh...@softwareag.com> on 2006/08/09 10:07:22 UTC

[Axis2] - Programmatically deploying and undeploying a Web Service

Hi all,

Is it possible to deploy and undeploy web services programmatically and
without any file system involvement? I looked at the deployment API
currently available, and it seems that adding a new web service should
be quite simple. My code goes as follows:

AxisService axisService = new AxisService(serviceName);

String serviceXML = ServiceXMLBuilder.toXML(descriptor); // This build
the services.xml string according to a given service descriptor (a
proprietary object).

InputStream serviceInputStream = new
ByteArrayInputStream(serviceXML.getBytes());

try {

m_engine.buildService(axisService, serviceInputStream,
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader(),
m_engine.getAxisConfig());

//m_engine is a new instance of the DeploymentEngine

} catch (DeploymentException ex) {

      //Logging the exception

}

However, I do not understand fully how can I undeploy a certain Web
Service in runtime and programmatically. Looking at the code of the
unDeploy() method, it seems to be looking for an Archive File, which I
do not create at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shahar.