Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 14:10:20 UTC

how to handle parallel synchronous calls in bean

Hi,

We have successfully done a poc on handling parallel asynchronous calls but
the problem using asynchronous calls : we can't say when we are going to get
back the  response .

How to make parallel calls to different data sources at the same time with
In-out MEP. We cannot use the Splitter - aggregator pattern because they are
In-only MEP. The use case for our scenario is:

i/. We gave to make parallel calls to 3 webservices at the same time.

ii/. Responses from each webservice will be an XML.

iii/. Merge the responses from these webservices.

                              <--> Webservice 1

XML Data                  <--> Webservice 2
(Combination of
XMLS from
Webservice 1, 2 and 3)
                                <--> Webservice 3

Can you please tell us the solution for handling parallel synchronous calls
in bean.

-----
Cheers
Praveen Oruganti
"Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Re: how to handle parallel synchronous calls in bean

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:10 PM, sachin2008 <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have successfully done a poc on handling parallel asynchronous calls
> but
> the problem using asynchronous calls : we can't say when we are going to
> get
> back the  response .

Well, just wait until your receive it.

> How to make parallel calls to different data sources at the same time with
> In-out MEP. We cannot use the Splitter - aggregator pattern because they
> are
> In-only MEP. The use case for our scenario is:
>
> i/. We gave to make parallel calls to 3 webservices at the same time.
>
> ii/. Responses from each webservice will be an XML.
>
> iii/. Merge the responses from these webservices.
>

>                              <--> Webservice 1
>
> XML Data                  <--> Webservice 2
> (Combination of
> XMLS from
> Webservice 1, 2 and 3)
>                                <--> Webservice 3
>

> Can you please tell us the solution for handling parallel synchronous
> calls
> in bean.

I think the question has already been answered by Thomas some time ago.
He suggested you start multiple threads from your servicemix-bean to avoid
having to sequence the three calls.

> -----
> Cheers
> Praveen Oruganti
> "Think before you act and act on what you believe"

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/