Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ve...@SoftHome.net on 2007/01/13 02:55:15 UTC

m1 -> m2 and the maven-one-plugin

Greetings --

I've begun the process of migrating from maven1 to maven2 and I ran across
the
maven-one-plugin.  It seems that version 1.0 does not contain the
functionality to convert a project.xml to a pom.xml.  Is version 1.1
archived anywhere?  ...or do I have to grab it from the source repository?
 Also, has anyone had success in using the "one:convert" goal?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-one-plugin/index.html

Thanks,
-adrian-

Re: m1 -> m2 and the maven-one-plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
I have not tried the plugin on a multi-project setup. Please give it a
try and report your finding back to the list.

emerson cargnin wrote:
> Does this plugin generates the POM's taking in account the recursive
> dependencies? I mean, if a module depends on two modules (on maven1)
> and one of them depends on the other, my final POM will still have the
> two of them? as it would be unecessary.
>
> does it work for multi-projects?
>
> On 13/01/07, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>> veshi@SoftHome.net wrote:
>> > Greetings --
>> >
>> > I've begun the process of migrating from maven1 to maven2 and I ran
>> across
>> > the
>> > maven-one-plugin.  It seems that version 1.0 does not contain the
>> > functionality to convert a project.xml to a pom.xml.  Is version 1.1
>> > archived anywhere?  ...or do I have to grab it from the source
>> repository?
>>
>> I have just uploaded a 1.1-SNAPSHOT to the Apache snapshot repository.
>> Please give it a try and give any feedback you might have to the list.
>>
>> Read this document if you have not tested development plugins before:
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html
>>

>> >  Also, has anyone had success in using the "one:convert" goal?
>>
>> Yes it works quite well. You still need to tweak the resulting pom.xml
>> by hand. But many times you can just run "mvn package" afterwards.
>> Sometimes it has difficulties converting the version of a plugins, but
>> that is relatively easy to correct.
>>
>> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-one-plugin/index.html
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > -adrian-