Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "P. Asato" <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/09 09:33:11 UTC

How do I compile my client stub?

I have generated my client stubs from a wsdl file and copied the package to
my tomcat
WEBAPPS\axis2\WEB-INF\classes folder.

qn1: how do i compile these java files? i tried compiling and received alot
of errors,
eg package javax.xml.stream does not exist
did i copy to the wrong folder for compilation?

qn2: after compiling, how do i reference the stub using a jsp?

Re: How do I compile my client stub?

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
P. Asato wrote:
> I have generated my client stubs from a wsdl file and copied the package to
> my tomcat
> WEBAPPS\axis2\WEB-INF\classes folder.
>
> qn1: how do i compile these java files? i tried compiling and received alot
> of errors,
> eg package javax.xml.stream does not exist
> did i copy to the wrong folder for compilation?

You may need to have those jars in your classpath.

I can give you a very cool way of doing that as well , This is not to to
market the product but I found that  this features is very useful.

First go to
  http://tools.wso2.org/public1/#___divGeneralHome

Then click on WSDL2Code ,
next fill what ever necessary and preses the button generate.

Then it will generate a meven 2 project.

As the last step , if you are an IntelJ idea guy type >mvn idea:idea ,
if you are an eclipse guy type >mvn eclipse:eclipse   , then that will
generate the project with the dependencies. So you do not need to worry
about anything.

Posted by "P. Asato" <pa...@hotmail.com>.
what jars do I include?

Re: How do I compile my client stub?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
P. Asato wrote:
> Do I download and use Apache Ant to build the .java files?

You can use javac with all the jars  on class path.

Samisa...

Re: How do I compile my client stub?

Posted by "P. Asato" <pa...@hotmail.com>.
Do I download and use Apache Ant to build the .java files?