Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hemant Gaur <hg...@interwoven.com> on 2006/12/05 13:23:09 UTC

OpenJMS Alpha and Active MQ jmeter tests

Hi,
I am trying to run the jmeter performance tests on the OpenJMS. Though I
am able to get the tests running and results for release version  there
is an exception thrown in the duable/persistant subscriber for the
OpenJMS alpha.
Mismatched destination properties for destination with
name=TOOL.DEFAULT.TOPIC0
    at
org.exolab.jms.messagemgr.ConsumerManagerImpl.getDestination(ConsumerMan
agerImpl.java:772)
    at
org.exolab.jms.messagemgr.ConsumerManagerImpl.createInactiveDurableConsu
mer(ConsumerManagerImpl.java:571)
    at
org.exolab.jms.messagemgr.ConsumerManagerImpl.createDurableConsumer(Cons
umerManagerImpl.java:345)
    at
org.exolab.jms.server.ServerSessionImpl.createDurableConsumer(ServerSess
ionImpl.java:343)
    at
org.exolab.jms.server.net.RemoteServerSession.createDurableConsumer(Remo
teServerSession.java:245)
    at
a:39)
    at
Impl.java:25)
    at
org.exolab.jms.net.orb.DefaultORB$Handler.invoke(DefaultORB.java:553)
    at org.exolab.jms.net.orb.DefaultORB$1.run(DefaultORB.java:511)
    at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

ON searching i found the explaination for this (By Tim Anderson):
The topic you are using doesn't have the same properties as
a destination with the same name, being managed by the server.
This will typically happen if you have used the
TopicSession.createTopic()method giving a name for a topic that is
persistent on the server. For persistent topics, you should look them up
using JNDI.
-Tim

As I dont build the JMeter or OpenJMS locally and hence have no control
over the source. I have this topic populated using the OpenJMS config
file using

<AdministeredDestinations>
      <AdministeredTopic name="TOOL.DEFAULT.TOPIC0"/>
</AdministeredDestinations>

Can there be any settings which makes me work this with the alpha
version. Things are already working with the same test case using the
OpenJMS release version.

Relevant code from the openJMS ConsumerManagerImpl.getDestination()
if(!destination.getClass().getName().equals(existing.getClass().getName(
)))
                  throw new InvalidDestinationException("Mismatched
destination properties for destination with name=" + name);
            if(existing.getPersistent() != destination.getPersistent())
                throw new InvalidDestinationException("Mismatched
destination properties for destination with name=" + name);

Hemant Gaur

Re: OpenJMS Alpha and Active MQ jmeter tests

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Ooops, my bad, this is an issue with either openJMS or jmeter. Maybe you
should try their maliing list.

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.